Monday, August 15, 2011

The Plan...

Good Morning, Dear Readers!

Well, it is the day before our trip and Jeff and I are overwhelmed with a mixture of emotions.  We are sad to leave Texas, (I love this state) but we are also excited for this adventure to begin.  Yesterday, we had a great time with family and friends and we will miss you all!

Well, the trip has been planned...all hotels have been booked.  Now it's time to pack it up and cram it in the car!  The trip in total is a little over 5,000 miles.  Not the most efficient, A to B route, but how often do you drive from Texas to Alaska?  Might as well enjoy it!

So, here's the plan:  We'll be making our first stop in El Paso then driving north to Cimarron, NM.  After Cimarron, we'll head up to Glenwood, Colorado and then we'll drive to Cody, WY.  From there, we'll trek on up to Virginia City, Montana and then to Libby, Montana (who knew I had a city named just for me!) before crossing the border into Canada.

Once in Canada we'll head up north to Edmonton then start moving west to Dawson Creek.  After Dawson Creek we'll drive to Mile 462...that's it?  No town, just Mile 462.  Love it!  After Mile 462 we'll go further west to Whitehorse.  After Whitehorse we'll cross back over into US territory (YAY!) and the last stop before reaching Anchorage will be Tok.

The trip will take us 13 days.  We decided to take it very easy...as most of you know, I can only take so long sitting without becoming a human pretzel and I want to enjoy this experience instead of writhing in pain!

So, dear readers, please pray for our safe travel: good roads, good weather, no car trouble, good health...anything and everything!  We appreciate it!

Hang on folks...it's gonna be a great ride.  Stay tuned.

Be Blessed-


2 comments:

  1. Libby & Jeff,
    Our prayers go with you on your adventure.
    Love,
    Mom & Dad C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty awesome road trip - have fun, and lemme know when the spare room is ready in AK! The only problem I see with your route is that... you're not going through Santa Cruz!! WTH?? :)

    ReplyDelete

I know that some of my thoughts may create passionate feelings. I do appreciate passion and I welcome it; however, please do not be rude. These are only my thoughts...