Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 1: Down in the West Texas Town of El Paso

Good Morning!

Well, yesterday was our first day on the road and I tried to blog last night but I couldn't see past my nose...it was a long, but good, day.  The hardest part was saying goodbye to my folks.  I miss them dearly...

       
Driving the first
leg of the trip
After some creative packing, we started on our way.  For those of you that have travelled to west Texas, you know that there are long stretched between towns and the towns that you do pass are very small.  Some people might find the scenery very dull, but I find it beautiful in some spots.

Beautiful West Texas











The most excitement we had was the furry kids trying to get acclimated to their new 'home'.  Miles and Ella did very well.  They found their spots eventually...but Q-tip, on the other hand, was having a very difficult time.  We had prepared for this and gave her some anti-anxiety medicine.  But, this proved to be not enough so we brought out the big guns and gave her a sedative.  She fought it the whole way going down and her caterwauling was comical towards the end.  It wasn't so funny the first 2 and a half hours...but she eventually succumbed to the z-monster and Jeff and I got a reprieve.
Q-Tip was soooo drugged
she was laying there with
her mouth hanging open! lol


      
Jeff and our little 'navigators',
Ella & Miles


We arrived safely in El Paso and immediately took off to go see Jeff's grandmother.  She recently has had some health issues and thankfully she got home only a few days ago.  She looked wonderful and although you could see the effects of her malady, we had a great visit.  We also got to spend time with Jeff's cousin Debbie, her husband Wayne and their two sons Zack and Zane.  We had a wonderful time.  We got back to the room and we were exhausted, but we are grateful that we got to see family before we head north.  Today's destination is Cimarron, New Mexico.  I will update tonight.
     
Jeff, Grandma Castle and me



Jeff, Wayne, Debbie, Zack, Zane
and Grandma Castle

Well, dear readers, stay tuned.  Please keep us in your prayers.

Be Blessed-

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know that some of my thoughts may create passionate feelings. I do appreciate passion and I welcome it; however, please do not be rude. These are only my thoughts...