Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 3: Glenwood Springs, Colorado

Good morning Dear Readers!,

I am still trying to catch up so...

1,000.6 Miles down...4,000 more to go
the temp was 78* at around noon. ;)
The trip from Cimarron, NM to Glenwood Springs, CO,  was the most beautiful drive!  We also hit the 1,000 mile mark just outside Cimarron.  I drove the first leg and we travelled on the Santa Fe Trail for a few hundred miles.  Jeff took over in Northern Colorado and had the more difficult driving, but the view was amazing!




















We finally made it to our destination, Hotel Colorado, in Glenwood Springs.  The hotel has an amazing history.  One of the most notable is the birth of the 'Teddy Bear'.  There's no A/C and last evening was  little warm so I slept with some ice packs, but it did cool down and this morning it was amazingly cool.  It's so nice to breathe the fresh air.

Well, dear readers, we are taking a day here for us to recoup.  Although our trip has been blessed, I have been a little under the weather.  So hopefully a little R&R will help set me right.  I'll update today's happenings tonight and then we'll be caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know that some of my thoughts may create passionate feelings. I do appreciate passion and I welcome it; however, please do not be rude. These are only my thoughts...