Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 8: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Good Morning, Dear Readers

Well, yesterdays drive was probably the hardest we've had on our trip...it was a long day.

We left Libby, Montana, and headed north to the border. It was an amazingly beautiful drive. The water, the mountains, the trees...I had to juggle the desire to just watch and drive! It was the prettiest stretch.

We made it to the border and made it through the checkpoint with no problems. Then the frustration set in...of course, converting KM to MPH was always fun and they drive slow...I'm surprised we didn't get issued helmets, kneepads and elbow pads at the border! But, we obeyed all traffic laws because we are not about to interface with the Mounties!

The scenery started to change and we were pretty surprised at how much farming land there is...hay, hay and more hay. Tons of wind turbines and only a handful of them turning. I almost got ran off the road by a trucker who waited till the last minute to try to pass me and I ran out of road...that was a white-knuckle moment, let me tell you and I had the urge to show him some Texas hospitality (if you know what I mean) but I decided against it...turn the other cheek, right?

We passed a whole lot of farming towns and finally drove through Calgary during rush hour...I missed it of course, I was restin' my eyes. We were both getting tired and antsy by the last two hours and we finally made it to Edmonton. Nice room, good food, sleep....

Today we head to Dawson Creek. So, please keep us in your prayers. And stay tuned!

Be Blessed-


(BTW, I posted this on my iPad, so I'll add pics later)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know that some of my thoughts may create passionate feelings. I do appreciate passion and I welcome it; however, please do not be rude. These are only my thoughts...