Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 11: Whitehorse...ten minute's drive from nowhere

Well, Dear Readers, we left Mile 462, The Northern Rockies Lodge, and since we were so tired the night before, we took some photos of the property right before we left.

A beautiful location!  Might come back
here to 'vacation'...wait, that means
we'd have to drive back on the
Alaska HWY...ummm, no, not
anytime in the near future!
The owners have lots
of day trips...fishing, hiking,
& waterfalls, all by plane.
A self-portrait in front of the lake on the property




Gorgeous view from the Lodge

























This stretch of the Alaskan HWY was not as bad as the first part.  We arrived in Whitehorse and we are again, very tired.  We decided to stay in and order Pizza Hut...they delivered.  OMGoodness, who knew pizza could cost darn near $50!  And I have no idea what they used to make it, but it was the most awful, funny tasting pizza I have ever had.  We had to choke it down because, 1) we were pretty hungry and 2) we were not going to waste $50!  Not so fond of Canadian pizza or their prices on anything...
It's a long, hard drive, but still there
are those moments that take
your breath away!






Don't worry...look close, my eyes
are on the road!




We've seen some wildlife.  We've seen bear (no pics), moose, goat, and lots of buffalo!
Tatanka!







I think these are goats/ram of some kind


Why did the buffalo cross the road?
Heck if I know, but I'm not going to
stop and ask him!



























So, tomorrow we head to Tok, Alaska.  I can't wait to be back in the USA!!!

Be blessed-

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know that some of my thoughts may create passionate feelings. I do appreciate passion and I welcome it; however, please do not be rude. These are only my thoughts...